Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Redefine failure

Michael Jordan once said: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Society may have brought you up to fear failure. But if you can rethink failure not as something to fear but rather useful feedback it can improve your life immensely. A failure may hurt for a while but then you can learn one or many lessons from it. And then you try again. And again. And failure becomes less and less frightening. All successful people have failed many, many times. But they know that there are still a lot of great new people and opportunities out there. So they try again. And sooner or later they have success once again.
Click here to view Source

No comments: